Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Financial Stylist - Introduction

Once upon a time, on a failed move to Vancouver, B.C. that lasted for 3 months, i was returning to back to Winnipeg, Manitoba in November of 1975 with all my belongings under a cap of a pick up truck and my engine siezed in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba. I had ten dollars on me and no job. I guess that this is a good place to start my story. I hitched hike to Winnipeg, stayed with my inlaws and found a job and then my brother inlaw came out to tow my truck to the city.
Then came the early 80's. I found myself looking at a credit card statement one time and seeing a good chunk of my paycheque disappear to pay that bill. It was at that time that i began my quest to find a "system" to do my finances.
I worked the system as i learned of many strategies along the way.
I took a millionaire's seminar one time and what really stood out was that all millionaires have a "system" and they work it. In around 1998, my next door neighbor gave me a book called "The Millionaire Next Door." She must have had some kind of insight at the time. By 2006/2007, i became a millionaire the slow way! With the recession that followed and a the worst investment of my life, i lost my status as a millionaire, but still retained the knowledge of how to get there again only the path that i used was no longer available and circumstances had changed drastically. Well, that is a challenge for me currently, but let's journey back in time and help you do a lot better than what you are doing now based on the paths where i have trodden.

No comments:

Post a Comment